Webinar: Calprotectin in infections
The webinar “Calprotectin in infections” looks into calprotectin’s role in infections. The webinar takes you through a quick introduction to the protein and biomarker calprotectin, followed by a summary of studies highlighting calprotectin in diagnosis and prognostics, as well as calprotectin in localised infections:
- The biomarker calprotectin
- Calprotectin as diagnostic marker in infections
- Calprotectin as prognostic and risk marker
- Calprotectin in localised infections
Watch the webinar now
Calprotectin is one of the earliest biomarkers for detection of the inflammatory response to infections1,2. The biomarker is predominantly expressed in neutrophil granulocytes, and it is released upon neutrophil activation in response to inflammation and infection.
GCAL® - Plasma and serum calprotectin immunoassay
The Gentian Calprotectin Immunoassay (GCAL®) is the first turbidimetric assay for the quantitative measurement of calprotectin in plasma and serum intended as an aid in the detection and assessment of inflammation. The open channel assay can be applied on a wide range of automated clinical chemistry analysers.
- CE-marked since 2017
- IVDR registration in progress
- Developed and manufactured by Gentian
- Manufactured according to ISO 13485:2016
Get in touch for information and ordering
Interested in calprotectin for plasma and serum? Want to know more? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below:
- Fullerton J et al. Kinetics of calprotectin, procalcitonin and C-reactive protein in healthy volunteers administered intravenous endotoxin.40th International Symposium on Intensive Care & Emergency Medicine. Critical Care. 2020. P474.
- Jonsson N et al. Calprotectin as an early biomarker of bacterial infections in critically ill patients: an exploratory cohort assessment. Crit Care Resusc. 2017.